We love to give delicious treats to our dogs to reward their good behavior and to show them our love. But we cannot give them just any kind of treats. They must be healthy, tasty, and not too expensive. There are hundreds of commercial dog treats brands, but I am a firm believer that the best kind of treats are the ones we make ourselves. So, how about if we make some homemade dog treats recipes.
Are you ready to reward your pup for being a good boy/girl? Let’s do it.
Easy Homemade Dog Treats Recipes
Crispy Apple Cupcakes
I love cupcakes. But every time I tried to eat one, there was my dog, June, looking at me with her big eyes. The problem with commercial cupcakes is they are made with sugar and other chemicals that can be unhealthy for dogs. Therefore, I decided to make special cupcakes for her. Here is the recipe:
- Mix the water, egg, honey, applesauce, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Stir in whole wheat flour, apple chips, and baking powder to the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Pour the mixture into a mildly greased muffin pans and bake in a preheated oven (350°F/180°C) for about 90 minutes.
- Let it cool before giving it to your pet.
Leftovers Dog Mix
Can dogs eat human food? Usually, yes. But there are certain ingredients we use to cook that are not good for dogs. Besides, dogs need a special diet to fulfill their nutritional needs. But as I said, dogs can usually eat what we eat as a snack. So, if you have some leftovers, I’m going to show you how to prepare a delicious leftovers dog mix snack.
- Potatoes, boiled, peeled and sliced
- Leftover meat (not seasoned), sliced into bite-size pieces
- Fruits (no raisins), sliced into bite-size pieces
- Vegetables (no onions), sliced into bite-size pieces
- Vegetable oil (olive or spray)
- Combine the ingredients in a glass bowl and spray lightly with olive oil.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Put in a pre-heated oven (200°F/100°C) until dried out.
- Allow cooling.
- Then pack it in re-sealable bags.
Cinnamon Pumpkin Ball
Let me tell you that I love this recipe. It’s tasty and easy to make. But most importantly, my dog loves it, and I’m sure yours will too.
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ cup of canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons of molasses
- 4 tablespoons of water
- In a glass bowl, mix the water, molasses, pumpkin, and vegetable oil.
- Thoroughly stir in whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl and stir until mixture softens.
- Scoop small spoonfuls of the dough and roll into little balls using your palms.
- Put the dough balls on a mildly greased cookie sheet, flatten with a fork and bake in a preheated oven (350°F/180°C) until hardened, for about 25 minutes.
- Let them cool before giving them to your pet.
Remember this are just snacks and you must feed nutritious dog food to your pet to keep him healthy.
So, which one of these homemade dog treats recipes you liked the most? Tell us in the commentaries.